Sunday, July 12, 2009

I love the smell of feet and sweaty equipment in the morning...

Ok, not really but it's worth dealing with if the only live hockey you've seen in the past 4 months was a league game. Yesterday was rookie camp and was a semi fix to what I've been missing. Some quick observations because I don't have many quality ones from where we were sitting. Ellis is tiny but has a quick shot. Lindback is huge. Budish is a big kid and my hope to be our diamond in the rough. Pickard seemed very confident, he's gonna be the real deal but I prefer Pekka... don't know how long he's gonna need. Wilson will make the jump and IMO will make it sooner rather than later. I'd love for him to be our own version of Bobby Ryan. That'd be crazy to put between Leggy and Erat. Geoffrion needs to get here asap to fill the void left by all my other #2 boys, more on that in a few. I like this kid a lot. He scored the winning goal in the shoot-out challenge at the end of camp and had a couple of pretty goals during the drills. More importantly, you could tell that he was the main vet guy that stepped up and took care of any worries the other guys had. That's my kind of player. Dropping out of college would do nothing for him but I wish it would. There's also the awesomeness of his name being on the peewee team banners hanging in the sportsplex. The story alone will make you love the kid if his heart and personality don't. Hurry up Blake!

Back to my #2 boys being all but gone. :-( It's so sad.
~Fiddler is a Coyote (barf!).
~Richie is a Thrasher.
~Nichol is a Shark (wtf!?).
~and Jed is, more likely than not, going to be an AHLer for someone else.
:-(
Sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment