Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Monday, November 29, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Anyways, I wouldn't be a good fangirl if I didn't post about Suter being named one of the alternates this year. I'm mega excited about this and will be very proudly selling Italian ice at the next couple of MTSU games to afford personalizing my blank third jersey, complete with the "A". I found out in passing so no happy dance or *squee* happened but we are turning our chocolate chip bar cookies into a celebration "cake" complete with a giant "A" on the top with icing. :-)
The long evil summer is almost over and hopefully work will become more bearable for everyone since the days aren't separated by endless weeks of no hockey.
Next Saturday, me and my little sister are taking our Predators lawn gnome on a "staycation" in Nashville. I'll post the pictures Sunday, it's going to be a blast. The main mission is to make it look like he's standing on top of the batman building, if not, we've still got tons of other locations he's going to go see.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Random thoughts on what the Preds have done this off season.
- Austin Watson. American born forward. You had brownie points before you were even named ours. I'm really excited about Poile drafing these big bodied forwards recently.
- Beef has been re-signed. This guy embodies Preds hockey. Love that he's back.
- MATT LOMBARDI IS A PRED!!! So, if you didn't know, I have LOVED Mr. Lombardi since I started watching hockey. He was my first "non-Pred" favorite and just knew there was no way he'd be one of my boys. ever. but Poile is a giant rockstar and proved me wrong. Welcome to Smashville, Matt. :-)
- We signed S. Kostitsyn. (I somehow managed to spell that correctly before checking myself. Yay me!) I'm really excited about this. Yes, he's a primadona that, after last season, needs to get himself in check, BUT he's cheap enough that if he pulls that stunt with us, we can bench his arse. Hopefully everything will be butterflies and rainbows surrounding him and it'll be a magical thing watching him score. Lots.
- Weber is captain. Meh. I'll leave it at that. I'll probably be blasted otherwise since it's very clear I'm in the minority.
Anyways, rookie camp is ending today with a scrimmage. I only got to go to yesterdays session but I have 2 observations. Ryan Ellis, as short as he is, is going to be awesome. He's hungry for it and he's good. Geoffrion is my newest favorite outside of the obvious favorite. I have followed hockey career since I got hooked and just love his story. He is also one of the nicest, humbled, grateful players I've met. Can't wait for him to make the big time so I can get that #5 jersey.
On a bitter note, Dan Hamhuis can suck it... and that's me being nice and not using the 4 letter words I let off when I heard his jab at Nashville. I hope the Canadian media is brutal when he turns over the puck the elventy billion times he's going to do it. And to think I wanted us to keep him.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Every team I have publicly supported these playoffs has failed, therefore, I'm not stating which team I want to win. *coughdiehossadiecough* Nope. Sure won't.
I've been looking up Pred stuff on ebay. I don't have the money for it and I really don't need it, but it passes the time.... unfortunately I don't have the self control to not buy cards that are less than a $1.00. You all know whose cards I'm buying too. I will frame them and hang them as my living room art. That's the only way I can really justify what I'm doing. Did you know that they made a Suter/Chelios card? It's awesome and a couple of bffs bought it for me for my birthday. Really wish they would make a set of Team USA cards from this past Olympics. I'd buy that up in a heartbeat.
Not much is going on in Pred land. We've signed some draft picks to ELCs but have yet to do anything about signing Horny or Fruit Cup or Beef or Hammersuxtradehim. Having even one under contract right now would be comforting but then I remember that it was mid-June before Suter signed his and even later with Weber the year they were both RFAs.
Also, *news flash*, totally meeting Tim McGraw and totally getting him to sign a Predators puck.