Random thoughts on what the Preds have done this off season.
- Austin Watson. American born forward. You had brownie points before you were even named ours. I'm really excited about Poile drafing these big bodied forwards recently.
- Beef has been re-signed. This guy embodies Preds hockey. Love that he's back.
- MATT LOMBARDI IS A PRED!!! So, if you didn't know, I have LOVED Mr. Lombardi since I started watching hockey. He was my first "non-Pred" favorite and just knew there was no way he'd be one of my boys. ever. but Poile is a giant rockstar and proved me wrong. Welcome to Smashville, Matt. :-)
- We signed S. Kostitsyn. (I somehow managed to spell that correctly before checking myself. Yay me!) I'm really excited about this. Yes, he's a primadona that, after last season, needs to get himself in check, BUT he's cheap enough that if he pulls that stunt with us, we can bench his arse. Hopefully everything will be butterflies and rainbows surrounding him and it'll be a magical thing watching him score. Lots.
- Weber is captain. Meh. I'll leave it at that. I'll probably be blasted otherwise since it's very clear I'm in the minority.
Anyways, rookie camp is ending today with a scrimmage. I only got to go to yesterdays session but I have 2 observations. Ryan Ellis, as short as he is, is going to be awesome. He's hungry for it and he's good. Geoffrion is my newest favorite outside of the obvious favorite. I have followed hockey career since I got hooked and just love his story. He is also one of the nicest, humbled, grateful players I've met. Can't wait for him to make the big time so I can get that #5 jersey.
On a bitter note, Dan Hamhuis can suck it... and that's me being nice and not using the 4 letter words I let off when I heard his jab at Nashville. I hope the Canadian media is brutal when he turns over the puck the elventy billion times he's going to do it. And to think I wanted us to keep him.