Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Real Confession...

I like the name of my blog. The definition of "fanatic" is exactly what I am about these guys and this team and the only other instance of this extreme fandom was when I was 13 and thought I was going to marry both Justin and JC from NSync with Joey and Chris as my bffs (sorry Lance, I didn't like you until you were gay). This far trumps that fantasy part of my life because I'm still allowed to be that fanatic as a 24 year old with a job and responsibilities.

I plan on being completely and totally honest with my reactions to things that this team does but haven't had the real opportunity yet with the exception of gushing over Patrick Eaves who just got less hot because he's a Wing now. Barf.

Anyway, my first real confession:
I really wish I was going to the USA Olympic Camp in Chicago in 2 weeks.

Why: Suter, Backes, Booth, Brown, Parise, Malone, Okposo, Komisarek, Bobby Ryan, and Ry-un Miller all in one place at one time. Does that get any better? I have forever loved everything Olympics (I even watch curling). Getting to Vancouver for the actual games is my only other shot and that's not going to happen in a million years. A reason to not work.
Problems: I have no vacation time. I have no money. Suter might put a restraining order against me if he saw me there, not that I'd bug him but because I've been to Canada and Philly and all of the justifiably close cities that have teams.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Stupid Wings.

    2. Curling is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you something on my blog (which sounds creepy, but apparently is what I'm supposed to say when passing along this award).

    ReplyDelete