Sunday, February 28, 2010

:-(

Well, it's over. The greatest thing to happen every 2 years is over. I'm really bummed out that such a great Olympics had to end on such a sour note.

Sidney Crosby. I freaking hate you. Surprisingly, you were only 3rd on my "Canadians not to score the GWG list". I discovered during these past couple of weeks how many Canadian players I actually hate. Look at the list of 23 and I don't like a single one.

I'm happy that my boys got the silver medal. Nobody but themselves and die hard homers gave them any shot at getting a medal, let alone going undefeated until the final game.

I swear they just took all my favorite players and put them in the same jersey and called it a team. It was awesome getting to outright cheer for the likes of Backes and Bobby Ryan while getting to see more of Parise, Malone, and Miller. I have a new renewed love for Kesler too.

Suter played lights out and balls to the wall this entire tournament. I'm glad that the hockey watching world got to see how great he really is and it's not all because Weber is playing beside him.

It was a great run. I'm not as sad that they lost (though it still hurts) but I'm really sad that it's over.

1 comment:

  1. Out of all the players on that team, why did it have to be Sidney Crosby? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete