Saturday, September 26, 2009

To Whom It May Concern... (now edited w/ response)

Well, that was painful. I don't like to talk about games that we win because it seems like I have a way of jinxing them. I'm not too worried about messing with the mojo at this point though. I have a few requests...

Dear Stella, help Pekka get his groove back. asap.

Dear Sully, please let you not playing be a precautionary measure and be back at better than 100% come October 3rd.

Dear Hammer, promptly remove your head from your butt.

Dear Ice Crew, isn't there anything you can do to make the ice better?

Dear Rookie Defensemen, can you make you being on the ice any less nerve wracking?

Dear Wilson's groin, feel better soon and also eff' you. You'd better hope his chance isn't entirely gone.

Dear Ward's groin, we re-signed him so he could play. Hurry up and get not sore/pulled/whatever.

Along with being frustrated at what was happening on the ice, I was royally pissed at the in-house entertainment crew (or however it's worded). Tim McGraw was nowhere to be found after we scored our 2 goals. I'm livid. Aside from loving Tim McGraw, I absolutely LOATHE the song they replaced it with. We are not the Ducks and thank God for that. The song did not fit the fans that were there. Most people around me looked irritated and if not, they were making fun of the lame-ness acting as if they were kids in a mosh pit. Is that really what comes to mind when you think of Nashville Predators hockey? I'm not saying it needs to stay country (though imo, I love our song. It's original to us and makes the rest of the "traditional" hockey world cringe). I am saying that the song that was played does not personify our fanbase as a whole. A small niche? Maybe but if it's gotta change just make it strictly "Rock and Roll pt 2" by Gary Glitter.

Here is my letter to Mr. Freeman. Hopefully someone reads it and hopefully that someone is the decision maker in this situation. I hate the Ducks, please don't make us mimic them.

Mr. Freeman,

I was unsure who I needed to send this to but assumed that you could get it to the right person.

I am writing in regards to the Nashville Predators goal song/celebration that was changed from our beloved Tim McGraw "I Like It, I Love It"/"Hey Song" mix to a very unoriginal song that I recognize as the Anaheim Ducks goal song during Saturday night's game. My hope is that it was a one time test during the preseason. My fear is that we're going to be forced to follow suit and have to deal with it for the year. I understand if there is some legitimate reason we can't have our Tim McGraw clip anymore. Maybe if it's got to do with rights to the song or something but I beg you (or whoever makes this choice) do not go with the song that was being played Saturday night. The transition to the "Hey Song" did not run smoothly and I would rather us strictly use the "Hey Song" immediately after we score a goal if we must change. That would be closer to our original celebration than anything.

Instead of cheering along and getting the most out of the goal celebrations on Saturday night, I sat down confused, irritated, and upset that I was having to hear a song I have learned to despise over the years. Please reconsider this change and try everything in your power to keep the original "I Like It, I Love It"/"Hey Song" goal celebration. If this was, in fact, a one time ordeal, please disregard this email and thank you for everything you've done for this team and its fans.

Thank you,
Kelly ****(A Nashville Predators fan and 3 year season ticket holder... NOT an Anaheim Ducks fan)



Edit: Here is the response I got from Mr. Freeman this morning. I love having an owner that responds. This is much better than Aubrey's attempt to contact Versus/DirecTV.

I was surprised too. I will be inquiring.

David S. Freeman

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. The transition was lame. Granted, my head wasn't totally there, but I thought I heard a little bit of I Like it I love it. The mash-up between the new song, Tim's song, and the Hey song was not good. If they had started and finished with the new song, the ducks song, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. I actually kind of like that song, but being caught off guard like that and then having the bad mash-up sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a prompt response from someone that actually read your letter! Lol, I don't think there's any real point to my e-mails anymore. It just gives me something to do.

    It's really disturbing to have messages start with "Dear so-and-so's groin." I hate that injury, it takes forever go away completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's odd but it's not like the player themselves doesn't want it to be better so I thought the groin should be addressed specifically.

    That could be taken soooo dirty and I re-typed it a few times to get the least dirty sounding one. It made me snicker a bit. lol

    ReplyDelete