Friday, October 2, 2009

I'M READY! I'M READY! I'M READY!

In the immortal words of Spongebob, I'M READY! I'm sitting at work at the moment, desperately trying to get the deposit ready to send to accounting and instead of focusing on rental bills and twenties (no, not that 20) I'm day dreaming about that 20 along with a playoff game from a couple of years ago... you know, the awesome one, the one where we scored 2 goals in 9 seconds and then Radudouche screwed it up for us. (thanks On the Forecheck) I am so beyond ready for Predators hockey. I'm nervous excited for the game Saturday night and then can't freaking wait for next Thursday.

In case you missed it, Sutes and Webs were on the Zone yesterday afternoon and these guys are a riot. I am far too emotionally attached to one of them but emotionally attachedness (if he can make up words, so can I) is something that all of them seem to have me grasped with. If I wasn't busting at the seams waiting for the season to start before, that ride home did me in.

Around the League
Last night started the 09-10 NHL season. We have Versus and hockey in HD is way more amazing than Joe Mauer in HD. Just saying.
Game 1: Ovechkin is a cocky mother effer and also a douche bag. Brooks Laich scored 2 goals just like Ovie, where were his headlines this morning? I was rooting for a hattie for you Brooksie! Mike Green reminds me of a hotdog which is pretty accurate considering he has the personality of one and as my new roommate awesomely stated last night, he has stupid hair. Timmy Thomas dramatically flailed around some but it wasn't enough to stop the Caps. btw, I hate the Caps. All of them. Except Brooksie.
Game 2: Even though he's a Shark, I really feel for Patrick Marleau. His crystal blue eyes didn't deserve to be stripped of the C and then to be totally shunned from even getting an A? Wow. If I were him, I'd be a tad bit bitter and he might be but instead whining about it, he figuratively said "watch this assholes!" and scored both of the Sharks goals last night. Now, don't get me wrong, I hate LOATH the Sharks but they have Jed now and I can't hate him. It hurt a little seeing him in that nasty teal and white jersey though. It doesn't suit him at all.
As for the Avs (and obviously this is all negated as of 10-8), how can you not adore Matt Duchene? He's a bigger fangirl than me! Can you imagine being drafted by your all time favorite team and then getting to play opening night, the same night that Joe Sakic's number retirement? I don't know how he was able to keep his skates firmly on the ice. I'd be on a cloud. JML didn't disappoint... take that as you will. It was nice to see them stick it to the Sharks last night but I'm done being happy for them now. It's time for them to be a basement team for awhile longer.

4 comments:

  1. Ovechkin is a cocky mother effer and also a douche bag.

    Brand new season, same old shi- uh, Ovie. Btw, that's kind of insulting to hot dogs. They have far more personality than Mike Green. And fewer girly tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Kelly. I haven't heard anything yet is Dumont okay for thursdays game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the Zone yesterday, Pete Weber said he was on the bike during practice. Hopefully he'll be back.

    ReplyDelete