Friday, October 16, 2009

There are no words for this...

that are allowed to be said at the Sommet, according to the douche bag behind me. Whatever. Hoohah man and mustache guy have my back on that one. 2 goals in 30 seconds is surely a good enough reason to drop the F bomb with some helpers, especially with how much money I spend there a year.

♪ ♪ I'm an emotional girl, I can't help myself ♪ ♪

I shouldn't cry after a game. Shouldn't is the key word. After the fiasco against Edmonton, I broke down and cried my eyes out on the way home. After the 2 goals in 30 seconds last night, I had to cover my face in my seats because I thought I was going to lose it. I didn't stand up or cheer after Erat's goal trickled in over the goal line. I wasn't satisfied with that being our goal. I wanted the puck to smack against the net in a fashion to say "fuck you! We're not laying down!" but it didn't happen that way. Instead, our 1 goal after 100 minutes without one did nothing but disappoint. It'll get better, I guess in a way it already has. We only lost last night... we didn't get raped in the process. Franson up (oh cody), Guite on waivers, something is being done. We'll see if it has any affect.

I am so unbelievably frustrated with this team. This is why you NEVER, EVER get your hopes up as a Preds fan. They have a way of not just crushing your dreams but slaughtering them beyond recognition in a wood chipper like we're in Fargo, ND. The worst part is, for some unknown reason, I still love this group of misfits. Why? Why do I turn around right after they've ripped out my heart and skated over it with dull skates and say "hey, it could happen"? I must have watched way too much Angel's in the Outfield as a kid. Not even the biggest of homers are feeling that way right now.

Over this roadtrip...
I hope Wilson finds his scoring flare.
I hope our D starts playing like they're our strength.
I hope our emo team finds themselves.
I hope our spark, Jordin Tootoo, gets well enough to play and then plays like he knows its a contract year.

Any sane person would have no hope for us on Saturday. Alex Ovechkin has more offensive fire power in his tiny pinky nail than we have on our entire team. The last time I said that was about Sidney Crosby last year. My title picture is from that night... we came back and beat them 5-3. I'd love to have another "suck it superstar" moment. Doubtful but, in hockey... nothing is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment