Monday, October 19, 2009

When life gives you lemons....

One of my favorite quotes. Don't know who came up with it, I found it on facebook flair.

Someone must be chucking lemons at the Preds with the intent to injure. Our captain (and leading goal scorer), Jason Arnott, is now on IR and is expected to miss 1-2 weeks. Please, someone hold me while I weep uncontrollably (seriously, that would be appreciated). I know never to say that things can't get worse, so I won't, but things are pretty bad at the moment. Dan Hamhuis was out during Saturdays game. Hopefully he and JP will be back to 100% by the time we take on Boston on Wednesday and by 100%, I mean back to the players they were 2 years ago.

Since shitting the bed against Edmonton and Dallas last week, we've faced Chicago and Washington. We didn't get raped in either game so that's a bonus and a sign that we're on our way back to mediocrity... we have to get back to even before we can go up! Hell, we even took a point with us when we left Washington. I don't know about you but me and Jenn flipped out when we scored 2 goals in one game and then held the Caps off during the 2nd and the 3rd. It may not have been a win but it felt like one! Shea Weber scored a goal and hopefully it will be the first of many as did JP... ditto for him. Also, Ryan Suter was on the ice for just shy of half the game with a TOI of 32:14, a full 3 minutes over the next closest player. ♥ ♥ ♥

We might not have all of the parts but if we can get what we do have to work in sync anything can happen. We've done more with less before... we just need our new bunch of guys to show the heart and determination that the last group did and we'll be better than fine. I'd love to blow peoples minds this week. It's about time to show the rest of the league that we don't plan on staying at the bottom. We can do this.

The Preds face Boston and the Sens back to back on Wed & Thur and then play Chicago Saturday night. Don't know about you or the Preds but I'm ready... bring it on!

(***koolaid can be purchased at most middle TN grocery stores)

3 comments:

  1. Cool website! It's always nice to find other hockey fans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking/hoing I misread about Arnott on the ticker this morning. Damn! Love the quote btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping. I was hoping, not hoing. No hos here!

    ReplyDelete