Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dear Preds, can you give me my heart back?

This used to scare the beejeezus out of me when I was little but that's the only way I can describe what happened in the final minute of the game last night.




I don't know who did the heart ripping. Was it the Preds overall? (minus Hornqvist because he's not capable of such a thing, he just says "fuck" a lot and bad talks goalie mama's) Was it Dan Ellis? Was it Dan Hamhuis? Was it Dan Boyle? Was it all the Dan's on the ice as a group? Was it the Sharks? Was it my own homerism slapping me in the face for thinking there was a glimmer of a chance that we could win?

I don't know who it was but I know who I want to junk punch. Sorry Dan Ellis but you're Jason Sudeikis in my junk punching fantasy. How could you let in such a soft goal during the final MINUTE of a game we were tied in against THE SHARKS!?!?!?! We've been sucking so hard lately that we deserved to win that game and one soft goal fucked it up!

I wish that our head in butt skating routine that seems to have to appear once per game would have come in the first minute instead of the last. That way, I wouldn't be working on 6 hours of sleep and in a pissed off mood.

This is not one of those "ho-hum", "they were better than us", "at least we tried", moral victories. This loss hurt more than the ass raping that the Oilers handed us. On top of that, the Blues stuck it to Vancouver last night and now we're last in the Central.

You owe me 3 hours of sleep and a box of tissues for last night. I'm attempting to acquire a taste for beer tomorrow night. Don't give me a reason to turn alchy. I apologize for my cursing but those are just a small fraction of what was said last night. Why do you do this to me?

Edit: I've read the article in the Tennessean. I really want to feel bad for being uber pissed at Ellis and eventually I might but right now I don't know if I can forgive so quickly. arg.

4 comments:

  1. I blame every mother that ever in a happy haze of drugs called a child Dan.

    BTW, that still scares the beejeezus out of me! I thought "Hey, I'm a grown up now. That's pr'y not as scary as I remember it being." Wrong! Either I am not as grown up as I thought, or Temple of Doom is one of the scariest movies ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I only watched enough to know it was the clip I wanted. Apparently typing in "iniana jones heart ripping out" on YT only gets you re-inactments, which is kinda creepy.
    That movie was the scariest movie I had ever seen when I was little and is still pretty terrifying as an adult. I used to tell my dad I didn't want to watch the monkey brains one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re-enactments?!! Geez, people are strange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, at least you guys aren't in last place any more. I think my Blues will be parked there all season :(

    ReplyDelete