Friday, November 6, 2009

Stupid Superstitions

So, there's a reason I didn't write about any of those wins we had. Last year when I started blogging about my life here, I found that every time I wrote about an awesome game or win we would undoubtedly lose the next one or two or [insert depressing losing streak #] so I figured I'd test it out to see how far it would work. Apparently only to 3. I'd like to think that I'd write after our next win but the same way I wear certain clothes or listen to certain music on game day, I don't know if I can force myself to break these stupid superstitions. I think not hearing old school Tim McGraw yesterday was a telling omen from my hockey gods.

I don't want to think or write about last night's loss. I hate the Ducks and Getzbarf deserves to be beat up by Belak and the one Duck that I didn't hate is a diving sack of shit. I'm exhausted from staying up until it was over when I really should have just crashed but I'll be sitting next to the radio Saturday afternoon waiting for more pain. I can't hate them or give up no matter how mad they make me or how crappy they play.

We had some great, entertaining games over the past couple of weeks. They were certainly attractive and gave us plenty of reasons to kangaroo dance both at home and in the stands. They showed that they're capable of playing shutdown defensive hockey and when everything falls into the right place, they can score some goals too... not just against crappy teams either, we shut out Chicago for crying out loud!

Oh yeah, Smithson somehow gathered every offensive thread in his entire body and created this beauty...


Seriously!?! You're capable of that!? Repeat. Please.

Right now the injury bug is biting the crap out of us. We just got Arny and Toots back and down go Shea, Wilson, Erat, and JP. Everyone but Shea is listed as DTD so hopefully they'll be back sooner rather than later. JP was just starting to come into his point whoring self and I personally love watching Wilson skate with Hornqvist and Scatchard. BTW, I freaking love Hornqvist. How could you not? He's got so much heart and determination that I don't know how you couldn't love him and if that's not enough, just look at him. He makes my heart flutter.

Also, a lot of the guys participated in reverse trick-or-treating again this year too. They are awesome.

In case you missed it, Richie Peverley is playing like a super human. I'm so happy for him and his reputation is now that of a Chuck Norris level. Go you, Richie Peverley. If they made your shirt, I'd totally buy one.

2 comments:

  1. Injuries suck. I was reading somewhere that every team in the league has at least four guys out, which seems insane. Luckily, like you say, the Preds' don't seem to be too serious.

    BTW, I think it's just easier to embrace the superstitions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice goal!

    I do think you're on to something with the superstitions :)

    ReplyDelete